Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thing #23

I made it! This has been and interesting learning experience. I'll try to answer thing #23 questions in order but I know I have a tendency to jump all over the place when something catches my attention.1. My favorite discoveries were the Merlin community, RSS feeds, Gutenburg and Web 2.0 awards list. 2. I found that these sites will help me the most in my job and with learning new skills. 3. The unexpected takeaways was learning what could possiby keep our younger customers glued to the computer screens all day. It was fun exploring all the new sites and finding the links for Meez, online radio sites, youtube, google images. Its so much out there. 4. What could you do to improve the program. I'll have to think on that one. I'm hoping that the links are left on our website so that I can go back in and do more exploring. Some of the sites referred you to additional websites. 5. If the another program was offered I would definitely participate. Who knew I would have so much fun creating and maintaining a Blog. Now that I have more time I want to go back and work on my Blogline account, Technorati, Library Thing, Wikis and Del-icio-us. 6. This has been interesting, frustrating and rewarding all at the same time. I learned a lot and now that customers think we know it all(and I do mean Know It All!) I can actually help more of them when they ask me about blogs etc. I've been sharing my Blog with friends outside of our Library community and they've been learning right along with me.

No comments: